Supporting patients across the post-acute care continuum
As the marketplace continues to shift from fee for service models to value-based partnerships, BioScrip believes we must work together to find solutions which efficiently utilize our health care resources while improving patient experiences and outcomes. This is by no means a small undertaking. By partnering with physicians, hospitals, payers and ACOs, we are able to create and deliver innovative solutions that improve clinical outcomes while enabling patients to remain in their communities.
Our demonstrated success in re-engineering post-acute care delivery leverages our expertise in:
- Proactively managing gaps in care
- Streamlining transition mechanisms
- Deploying interdisciplinary care models
- Enabling real-time data
- Designing pay for performance models
Proactively Managing Gaps in Care
With over 30 years of caring for chronic and acutely ill patients in their homes and communities, BioScrip recognizes the value of a programmatic approach by leveraging our unique Centers of Excellence clinical programs for cardiac care, nutrition management, infectious disease and high-risk chronic illness. This approach incorporates nationally recognized evidence-based guidelines with a focused discipline on reducing avoidable readmissions and improving patient outcomes.
Program goals include:
- Supporting patients and caregivers with individualized education and care planning
- Removing barriers to care by enabling smooth transition to the patient's community
- Timely communication and follow-up with physicians regarding changes in patient condition
- Improving patient experience and overall satisfaction
Streamlining Transition Mechanisms
BioScrip's comprehensive approach to transition management is simple - to ensure our patients receive the right care in the right setting. Our on-site Transitional Care Liaisons work together with discharge planners, care teams and physicians to proactively identify the medical, behavioral and social needs of our patients and caregivers. Coupled with our expertise in post-acute network development and management, we are able to streamline care and help patients remain in their communities.
Key components of our Transition Health Management program are:
- Disease specific risk assessments
- Pharmacy-directed medication review and reconciliation
- Ongoing patient and caregiver training and education
- Timely physician communication and follow-up
- Coordination of post-acute services
Deploying Interdisciplinary Care Models
Caring for and transitioning patients back to their communities is an individual experience for each patient and family. By taking an interdisciplinary team approach, we are able to integrate our pharmacists, dieticians, nurses and nurse liaisons with physicians and care teams to achieve the best outcomes and level of satisfaction for our patients. This integrated care model enables population health management capabilities that target and deliver care to high-risk patients, while avoiding redundant and/or unnecessary services.
Enabling Real-Time Data
We recognize the value of an integrated platform for achieving and reporting measurable results. The cornerstones of our system framework include capabilities in data warehousing, secure messaging, patient and program specific scorecards and a mobile care management platform.
Our technology solutions are focused on solving for:
- Simplifying access to critical patient data through greater connectivity
- Timely communication of changes in patient condition
- Creating an integrated post acute health record
- Managing performance through data and outcomes
Designing Pay for Performance Models
BioScrip is uniquely positioned in the new value-based delivery environment. Through strong relationships with hospitals, physicians, payers, ACOs and post acute providers, we have implemented flexible yet customized solutions that align incentives for improving the quality, efficiency and overall value of health care. Our ability to be successful in these new payment models draws upon the deep managed care experience of our team. We will continue to leverage our collective wisdom and ideas as we shape and strengthen future performance models with our valued partners.
Our deep experience in fee-for-value post-acute care models includes:
- Developing pay for performance and aligned incentive models
- Implementing and managing capitation, bundled payment models and shared savings arrangements
- Integration of clinical, operational and technology components into scalable value based solutions
- Building transformative post-acute and alternate site solutions
For more information, call us: