BioScrip Infusion Therapy Services-National Leader with Local Solutions.
BioScrip® offers nearly 30 years of infusion therapy expertise in 46 states, including 40 specialty infusion pharmacies, and 33 nursing locations. This means BioScrip Infusion Services combines national experience and comprehensive leadership with the comfort and convenience of local centers for optimum patient care. We can help eliminate costly hospital IV treatments by providing intravenous medications administered in a patient's home, nearby clinic, or doctor's office. Our professional support program includes 24/7 access to Clinical Pharmacists, Dietitians, and Infusion Nurses.
Qualifications and Capabilities-Outstanding From Start to Finish.
From the moment we receive an infusion referral through therapy conclusion, BioScrip provides highly-skilled, compassionate care.
Our outstanding qualifications and first-class capabilities include:
- ACHC accreditation for all BioScrip services
- Specially trained Infusion Pharmacists
- National Nursing Coverage with experienced nurses who specialize in IV infusions
- Clinical Dietitian support for parenteral and enteral nutrition
- Clinical Respiratory Care Services
- Home Medical Equipment delivered and set up
- USP 797 compliant sterile product compounding facilities
- Infusion medications, supplies and pumps to meet all clinical requirements
- Written policy and protocols for the safe administration of infused drugs
- Free-Standing Ambulatory Infusion Centers
- Externally qualified Centers of Excellence in the core infusion therapies
- Expertise in clinical trial management and execution
Infusion Therapy- First-Class Services and Medications.
People with short bowel syndrome, immune deficiency, multiple sclerosis, chronic infections, cancer, late stage heart disease, or chronic pain may require intravenous medications on an ongoing basis.
The physician decides whether treatment in hospital, in clinic or at home infusion therapy is best and an infusion therapy provider such as BioScrip helps to continue the patient's care outside the hospital. BioScrip's pharmacy compounds the medication prescribed by the doctor, and then a registered BioScrip nurse either administers the medication to the patient or teaches the patient self-administration. The BioScrip nurse, dietitian and pharmacist work with the physician and the patient to develop a care plan that ensures safe and effective medication use.
Some of our most common infusion therapy services include:
- Antimicrobial drugs
- Factor replacement therapy for Hemophilia
- Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition Immunoglobulin, Intravenous and Subcutaneous
- Hepatitis Therapy
- Biologic agents, also called immune modulators
- Monoclonal Antibodies
- Inotropic Therapy for late stage Heart Failure
- Pain Management, including intravenous and subcutaneous infusion
- Steroids and Tysabri® for Multiple Sclerosis
- Other Injectable Therapies
- Maintenance and Medication Refills for Implantable Pumps
- Specialized line placement, such as midline and PICC insertions
BioScrip Infusion Services For Patients.
Also known as Hospital at Home, home infusion therapy can avoid or shorten costly hospital stays for patients whose physicians prescribe it. It can also avoid costly and time-consuming trips to the hospital for outpatient infusion therapy. Whether you prefer receiving treatment in your physician's office, at one of our Ambulatory Infusion Centers or in the comfort of home, our expert staff of clinicians and reimbursement specialists provide the same high quality care, medications, and reimbursement services as your hospital. Our nurses, pharmacists and dietitians offer you and your family the clinical care necessary to make your infusion therapy go smoothly and keep you as independent as possible.
Here are some of the many ways we can help:
- Offer complex treatments with any medication ordered by your doctor
- Provide 24-hour Emergency Service
- Coordinate medical benefits and insurance programs
- Navigate Medicaid & Medicare's special programs and guidelines
- Schedule appointments to provide the least disruption to your life
BioScrip Infusion Services For Physicians.
When you refer a patient to BioScrip, we become a member of your team - providing the same level of commitment and quality care you do. Our infusion therapy services are delivered to the location you recommend, whether it is the patient's home, one of our ambulatory infusion centers, or your office. Office infusion services allow you to add practice revenue while closely managing patient care.
Following a clinical multidisciplinary approach, our nursing, pharmacy and nutrition staff are in constant communication to provide the best infusion therapy possible
Here are some additional ways we can help:
- Individualized clinical care and education plan for each patient
- Clinical laboratory monitoring
- Medication reconciliation
- "First Dose At Home" program
- PICC insertions
- Continuity of care with nursing, pharmacy, and dietitian reports
- Physician follow-up by Nurse and Pharmacy Managers upon request
- Pharmacy, dietitian, and nursing reports
- Written protocols for the safe administration of infused drugs
- 24-hour on-call nursing and pharmacy support
- Updates on emerging medications, drug shortages, and drug recalls
We also offer worry-free financial services by providing you with a dedicated BioScrip manager to handle insurance coverage and reimbursement, design customized Pro Forma financial modeling or payment terms, and support any of your pharmacy and nursing needs.
For more information on BioScrip Infusion Therapy Services: